Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

General Election

This is a discussion on General Election within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; Hello All Well, let's start the Week with a New Twist Just what We need a General Election ............ Having ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER115UK + SkyQ Booster 2
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

General Election

Hello All
      Well, let's start the Week with a New Twist Just
      what We need a General Election ............
      Having just voted in the Local Elections We will now have Weeks of discussion over this plus
      numerous 'So-Called ' Experts on TV, Radio, On Line Etc all trying to explain why we should or
      should not Vote this way or that & what's Best for all concerned. Personally I voted to leave
      because I believe We must have Control of our Own Borders & not be told by Others what we
      can or cannot accept. We have major problems of Housing in Our country due to many factors
      with family's unable to obtain decent homes at affordable rents. With Many in My local area being
      asked to pay almost 1500 a Month which is way above many people's ability with children.
      The amount some are currently paying over two years is almost as much as I purchased My own house
      for 30 years ago. I have no love for any of our Politicians they all promise the Earth & once in office
      the Change is Remarkable ...!!!
      However, We seem to be stuck. But at least we don't have Trump ..!!!

Good Luck All....... six Weeks & counting
      !! I am voting for Scubbie..!!!!! (Prime Minister- in-waiting)

Just a Thought......
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails General Election-35172e1fe35bb3198c897f22172da81b_four-leaf-clover-clip-art-small-four-leaf-clover-clip-art_236-.jpeg  
      Last edited by wizard200; 18-04-17 at 07:58 PM.
      Scubbie likes this.

2. Advertisement
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: General Election

Trump if we ever get a dickhead like that over hear I hope someone shoots him and quick, he's a liability to mankind.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizard200 View Post
      Hello All
      Well, let's start the Week with a New Twist Just
      what We need a General Election ............
      Having just voted in the Local Elections
      The local elections are on 4th May, how come you had yours earlier?
      They should cancel the local elections, seems daft to have them now. I do vote in them but have always just voted for the party Id normally vote for in a national election.
      One thing I hope is we do not have to suffer the TV debates, but they have been mentioning them this morning. They have never worked well and are the worst part of the last few elections, just dragging the coverage down to a reality tv culture.
      Just loved the way the news channels dived straight in yesterday, they love it and actually I enjoyed all the Sky News coverage during the afternoon and evening.
      Not sure I saw any other news mentioned yesterday. The world must have stopped for our election announcement, LOL!
      The printers must have been working hard as we have already had two flyers this morning from Labour and Conservative for the election, asking for support, not any actual mandate facts yet.

This will be my ninth national election, as I missed being out being legally allowed to vote by a year and a half for the 1979 one.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Strange how the Government claimed that there was no appetite for a second referendum but all of a sudden they seem to think there is an appetite for a general election.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + pfSense 2.4b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      Strange how the Government claimed that there was no appetite for a second referendum but all of a sudden they seem to think there is an appetite for a general election.

Referendum, election... It's becoming an annual event!

I'm not listening to the polls this time, or should i say only so far in wondering how wrong they will be.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER115UK + SkyQ Booster 2
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Hello All
      Regarding the Local Elections, I am aware that they fall on the 4th May but as We have a Postal Vote
      which came last Week, that has now been completed & Posted before it Landed in the Recycle Bin ...!!

Today's Lunchtime News stated that there is to be No Live Leaders Debate ....Hooray !!!!
      As for any Mandate from whichever party That will only last until they are in Power.
      I can only hope that the Great British Weather is kind to us over the next few Weeks as I would sooner
      cut the Grass than listening to not stop promises that I know will never be Kept.

Just a Thought...........................
      Now for a Beer

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Local elections will now be done on same day as general election.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

It could be interesting this time around. Normally the general election has been help at the same time as the local elections. Of course this isn't a requirement, just makes sense to encourage more people to vote.

Personally I think that taking us out of Europe was stupid. However the vote went for that so we'll all have to get on with it. Before I get slated for this, just remember that around 2/3rds of those who could vote did. So technically only a third of the UK's voters decided to take us out of Europe. As for controlling our own borders, we always have done. We aren't a part of the full freedom of movement across Europe. The Schengen Agreement covers a lot more than people realise. As an example a Russian living and working in Germany can easily move to France and work there. However they wouldn't be able to move to the UK.

The only truly open borders which the UK has with any other country is Ireland. This is likely to change when we come out of Europe, sparking more issues.

As for listening to whatever the politicians say, my lie detector sound system kicks in. As soon as anyone starts lying the noise cancelling system starts working. I guess that I'd better get some spare batteries. Two packets of 24 should do it. Perhaps that'll cover the first week.

Personally I don't trust any politician. They'll say anything just to get rid of you and do whatever they want after.

I've witnessed someone giving evidence for a Bill in the past and I knew that what they said was a lie. Everyone else in the room knew it was a lie. It was challenged and the person giving evidence stuck to their guns. It really messed up that Bill which later was later passed as an Act of Parliament. Oh don't worry. I did spill the beans a few days later when the transcripts were posted on-line. A lot of affected groups soon got the message and were "upset" as they had been lied to as well.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Taking us out of the United States of Europe wasn't stupid. Piddly little countries like Belgium, at al, just wanted to rule big time. Nobody in this country voted to join the United States of Europe. What we did vote for, probably before most of you were born or could understand what voting is all about, (don't jump my throat for saying that. If you are old enough you know what I'm talking about. If your not old enough then you part of the problem.) was the Common Market and taking us out of that WAS stupid. Theresa May needed a solid mandate to negotiate with the jumped up little dictators that run a good part of Europe at the moment. Theresa May was voted in by her party when that coward Cameron jumped ship. I know we don't vote for a party leader in the general elections but if the Tories did not have a leader who was seen to be strong they would not have got in. Cameron was very lucky when the Tories won the election. Every other party had rubbish leaders and they still have. Even though he wasn't seen as a great Prime Minister at the time he was the best of the bunch. Theresa May will win the next election and hopefully that will put paid to mediocre party leaders like Corbyn and whoever that wishy washy bloke is who leads the Lib Dems. It will, also put that clown in Scotland, who is trying to break up the United Kingdom, firmly in her place and, hopefully, get rid of her. I am not a Tory but Theresa May is still the best of the bunch. She is seen another Margret Thatcher and whilst I did not like Thatcher on little bit when she said she was going to do something she did it. Theresa May is of that ilk.
      Scubbie likes this.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

And for those of you who do not know why we want to come away from the United States of Europe look what this jumped up little man wants to do. We should firmly tell him and his cohorts to go to hell.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...e-negotiations

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast