Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

General Election

This is a discussion on General Election within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; Hello All Well What can you say this is only to be expected from these unelected officials who are now ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Re: General Election

Hello All
      Well What can you say this is only to be expected from these unelected officials who
      are now going to try and Screw as much money as they can out of the Uk to discourage
      any other Member State from following Britain. I think the amount of Money the Taxpayer
      has paid over the last forty (40) years is more than enough............

Do not be fooled into thinking that if we agree to pay whatever they demand that we will
      receive favourite status because it will never Happen.
      A democratic vote & the right to decide our own future only Works when it suits them.

Just a Thought ...........Have a Good Evening .....
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails General Election-149250700025456544567.jpg   General Election-149271172414681568.jpg  
      Last edited by wizard200; 20-04-17 at 08:05 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Actually the number one thing, and it doesn't matter who you wish to support, is that you vote.

If you're not already registered, do it now!

If you've planned a holiday around the 8th June, ensure that you do a Postal Vote.

If you don't vote then you have no right to criticise any of the politicians.
      wizard200 likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

It will be a very sad day when we leave the EU.
      I will regret it with all my heart!

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

I will vote with my soul and heart to stop our European demise. Those that don't want to leave the United States of Europe can always opt to go live there and take that idiot Branson with you. And with that I'm out of this discussion.

Thanks

I am proud to be European and believe that we should stay and get other members on board to change many things that need chaning.
      I am ashamed to be part of a racist country such as the UK.

Luckily, I am close to the end of my life and won't see too much change if we come out of the EU.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

I have a number of European friends, most are German and I feel embarrassed and duty bound to apologise to them because the UK is leaving the EU.
      I can't really work out why I feel that way but that is how I feel.

Luckily for me, they all live in their respective European countries so I won't come face to face with them until I visit them, which is likely to be next year.

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I, too, am proud to be a European, but can't wait for the UK to leave the EU, which isn't the same thing at all. As far as I can remember, I voted to join the EC back when, but I never voted for any sort of political union or oversight from Europe; it was purely a trade association then.

The UK has tried to bring some sort of sense and order to the EU but the EU has strived to dilute the UK's influence in European affairs and has pursued the professional politicians' dream of political and monetary union. They have forgotten that the UK is the second largest paymaster and have simply sought to milk us. As to charging us billions of euros to leave, that is typical of their attitude; they are simply living in cloud cuckoo land.

I want to have a direct voice in the laws that govern me, how much I am taxed and how that money is spent and who can and can't come to this country, wherever they come from. I can't have that in the EU.

I hope that we will be able to agree trading terms with the rump EU but, frankly, we will get on perfectly well without, using WTO rules. In any event, I'm not sure that there will be an EU to leave in 2 years time.
      lettice and wizard200 like this.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FelixTCat View Post
      I, too, am proud to be a European, but can't wait for the UK to leave the EU, which isn't the same thing at all. As far as I can remember, I voted to join the EC back when, but I never voted for any sort of political union or oversight from Europe; it was purely a trade association then.

The UK has tried to bring some sort of sense and order to the EU but the EU has strived to dilute the UK's influence in European affairs and has pursued the professional politicians' dream of political and monetary union. They have forgotten that the UK is the second largest paymaster and have simply sought to milk us. As to charging us billions of euros to leave, that is typical of their attitude; they are simply living in cloud cuckoo land.

I want to have a direct voice in the laws that govern me, how much I am taxed and how that money is spent and who can and can't come to this country, wherever they come from. I can't have that in the EU.

I hope that we will be able to agree trading terms with the rump EU but, frankly, we will get on perfectly well without, using WTO rules. In any event, I'm not sure that there will be an EU to leave in 2 years time.
      You sort of summed up my views there, nicely put. Exactly why I voted to leave.
      Only thing I do not agree on and a few posts above is in anyway I have ever thought or see myself as anything resembling being a European, apart from by the continent we are in.
      Being a Conservative voter all my life and proud to be English/British and always been respected for that across the world from all kinds of people that I have met on my many travels around our mostly beautiful and diverse planet throughout my life.
      Must admit have many Euro friends and work associates and all have really welcomed UK leaving and not heard one grudge, sigh or thought of debate.
      Living with a throwing distance to France, cannot say I have anything in common with the French, although we often make day or short breaks there with a cheap ferry crossing (last one 20 quid with cabin return a few weeks back) on my doorstep. Its enjoyable, but a totally different culture, lifestyle, set of values and not in anyway what I see as any tous ensemble.
      Never voted way back in the early 70s for that referendum as was at school, but remember we had all those school discussions/pretend debates about the common market. It all seemed exciting at the time. Modern society greed got the better on it all it seems.
      Last edited by lettice; 21-04-17 at 05:21 PM.
      wizard200 likes this.

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Just remember the old newspaper headline:

Fog In The Channel; Continent Cut Off

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FelixTCat View Post
      Just remember the old newspaper headline:

Fog In The Channel; Continent Cut Off
      Often the Isle of Wight disappears, let alone the continent.
      It was very foggy when I walked down the beach last week and no sign of it. I always chuckle.
      Mind these huge cruise liners are so big now they can block it out too.
      Scubbie likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast