Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Why not fixed yet

This is a discussion on Why not fixed yet within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; Can someone please give full instructions for the above mentioned please, have tried a planner rebuild, and have never heard ...

janitor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01983
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Why not fixed yet

Can someone please give full instructions for the above mentioned please, have tried a planner rebuild, and have never heard of clearing deleted items and eco mode, as am willing to try anything to get a trust worthy reliable system.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

From your planner menu press left arrow and select to access deleted items folder. Yellow button on remote can be used to delete items individually from this folder. Perform planner rebuild as normal once folder is empty.

To switch to "Eco" mode go to services/select/select, down arrow to "Standby mode" then left arrow to "Eco". Use green button to save settings.
      Last edited by seawright; 22-09-13 at 02:17 PM. Reason: layout

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

One tip, when you are removing items from the Deleted folder just keep pressing the yellow button as often as you like. You don't have to wait on the program being deleted it will remember the number of yellow button presses and keep deleting until it 'catches up'. I usually give it about 30 presses in a row. At first I used to wait on the program disappearing before pressing the button again and it took ages to empty the folder.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

And still the problem continues, have just tried to pause live tv no go the remote has locked up again, so wait for programme to finish, unplug, plug back in, wait for sky box to do what ever it does, all working normally again.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hopefully this problem will have been addressed in the R10 firmware which is due to be rolled out shortly.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

And again still not fixed, box totally crashed this time.

Thanks

Its several months since you first raised this. Did you call out Sky? Did they replace the box? If so are you having the same problems with the replacement?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

It's not a box problem it's the same problem from 20 years ago, in that time I've been through plenty of boxes and the problem remains, it's a remote control software problem, usually where the box stops responding to the remote control, only remedy is to turn the box off at the wall, for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on, of course if you are in the middle of a recording, or pausing live TV that program is lost. This time the box went into standby and wouldn't respond to remote oron box buttons, finally managed to get the box to reboot properly, so will be ok for a month or two.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but if the box is not responding to the remote, provided the remote has good batteries and is otherwise OK, then it is a box problem. Sky have millions of boxes out with their viewers and if this was a common problem there would be an uproar. You would be better calling out Sky and try to get your box changed. If you don't and the 12 months warranty is up, you will be expected to pay to have it replaced. Better to get rid of it now before your warranty is up.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

The box was replaced last year as part of another problem, and both boxes, did the same thing,though other boxes have never crashed in such a spectacular fashion, a quick unplug and plug back in after two minutes has always rectified it but this time took a few attempts, have discussed the problem with sky in the past and they refuse to swap the box, as they go through their script which solves the problem for a month or two, but for a problem that I have experienced since the introduction of the first sky boxes, seems to beggar belief, I am still experiencing the same problem over 20 years later, in the grand scheme of things I believe sky probably think this isn't worth loosing sleep over, and they are right it's a minor inconvenience, but annoying just the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast