Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Clarkson puts his foot in it!

This is a discussion on Clarkson puts his foot in it! within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by Scubbie Perhaps because the show he made the comments on was live and during what is deemed ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Perhaps because the show he made the comments on was live and during what is deemed 'Family Viewing time' he was most likely to offend many people out there, not just those who had been striking, but the many millions who were directly affected by the strikes.

Also perhaps so-called jokes about 'killing yourself under a train' isn't ideal for family viewing?
      I won't disagree with that, but I would lay the blame at the One Show producers. Clarkson was true Clarkson and perhaps he isn't the sort of person you have on a live show pre watershed.

Seriously, was clarkson as we would expect..... Yes 100%.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Clarkson puts his foot in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Medicuk View Post
      He was Joking
      are people blind??????
      So were Ross and Brand, but it did not protect them or their boss.

If it had taken place on one of the late night comedy shows, it would have been fine, but on an early evening family show it was stupid and showed poor judgement. What some may have missed is that he was extracting the wee from BBC's rule on impartiality.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      So were Ross and Brand, but it did not protect them or their boss.

If it had taken place on one of the late night comedy shows, it would have been fine, but on an early evening family show it was stupid and showed poor judgement. What some may have missed is that he was extracting the wee from BBC's rule on impartiality.
      Exactly. I bet a lot of the (now) 21000 that have complained didnt even watch the show!

It was poor judgement but if we are going to castrate people over this then it's a very bleak future for the world.

Come lets be honest, some of the comments and 'fun' on this forum could be deemed very offensive to certain individuals but they are allowed as they are juts fun and meant/taken in the spirit intended.

As I say, having Clarkson on a show and asking him the questions they did was just asking for trouble.

The producer is to blame in my opinion.

Of course, as I say, Clarkson was 100% true to form. I bet the 21k that have complained dont watch Top Gear.... so why would they watch Clarkson on a chat show (and as I say, I bet most didnt even watch it!).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I bet the 21k that have complained dont watch Top Gear.... so why would they watch Clarkson on a chat show (and as I say, I bet most didnt even watch it!).
      I couldn't agree more, but don't forget, he was only a guest, not the core of the show. Many tune into this daily no matter who is appearing. He was a bad choice, but then, he works for BBC and is probably trying to flog a DVD or a book. His remarks seem to have caused a surge in membership in his Forum, some for and some against. Index page

As for the number of complaints, I doubt if many actually saw the full show, if there is a bandwagon there are some who will always jump on it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I think people to need to have a read of what he actually said and not just the one line which has been taken out of context to what he said previously.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJP0WXyeaA]JEREMY CLARKSON ONE SHOW (Full) - YouTube[/ame]

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

The only thing Clarkson did was choose the wrong programme to say this.

If he had said it on TopGear there would have been very few complaints. Or even at a later time of the day.

Anyone who watches TopGear would know that he was taking the mickey. I just feel that the whole thing has blown all out of proportion. PC gone mad.

I don't know anyone who doesn't support those people who were on strike on Wednesday, But IMO it was still funny.

Maybe we should turn around and say, we don't support you as you have no sense of humour. I mean afterall I had 2 kids to mind as they couldn't attend school. But that didn't turn me against the teachers on strike.

21k complaints is probably people who have been told about it in the pub, not by those who actually watched it.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

What gets me is that the unions are taking legal advice. Legal advice about what!?! What do they think they could do!?!? Just speaks volumes about the state of our country.

The real offensive joke about the suicides on the trains goes barely noticed.

This country needs to get a grip and focus on what is important. Now I dont mean to offend here, but the unions keep telling us how the public sector are so important as they save lives etc, yet they choose to focus on a joke on the day of the strikes instead of the great work that the public sector does.

If I was in the public sector I'd be voting to get rid of my union. I wouldn't want to pay my union subs to fund legal action about a joke. If that's what they think is important then god help the public sector.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

They would lose if they started legal action, it was an opinion, free speech.

Seriously, there are more important things in life then taking legal action over humour.

Frankie Boyle, or Jimmy Carr say worse things then this, either you find it funny or you complain to the BBC even when they are on Channel 4.

The world has gone mad.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

pamalpass is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It's just a cheap shot at publicity by the unions.
      Their case is so weak they are trying to align themselves to the publics sense of outrage for an out of context quote.

And behold the public are seeing through this and the backlash against an out of touch union / public sector is coming next.

Best stick to what they are supposed to be stroking about IMHO.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast