Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Should News International drop its takeover bid of BSkyB?

Voters
    47. This poll is closed
    • Yes

35 74.47%
    • No

10 21.28%
    • Not sure

2 4.26%
    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Like Tree12Likes

Phone Hacking & Sky

This is a discussion on Phone Hacking & Sky within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; From what I understand (from other articles), the Mirror hacking was under Piers Morgans watch. Be interesting to see how ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Phone Hacking & Sky

From what I understand (from other articles), the Mirror hacking was under Piers Morgans watch.

Be interesting to see how this pans out and how much media attention it gets. The cynical side of me thinks that there is a bit of a witch hunt by the media and politicians for the Murdoch's at the moment as he was too powerful.

I hope i'm wrong as it would be awful to think that that is how our government and media are run. Let's see who really is that corrupt. The reallity is that probably all of the press media are corrupt, as are some politicians and some police.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: Phone Hacking & Sky

There may well have been a Witch Hunt for Murdoch, but sadly it appears that he left the doors wide open for the inevitable complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      I hope i'm wrong as it would be awful to think that that is how our government and media are run. Let's see who really is that corrupt. The reallity is that probably all of the press media are corrupt, as are some politicians and some police.
      Come on - the USA has opinion polls to help the President decide what to do. I'm sure that the UK has something similar.

As for politicians being corrupt - Yawn! Anyone want a Duck Pond cleaned?

The Police however will unfortunately have a few individuals who are going to be open to bribes. Sadly this minority will cause us to examine them more closely. I have dealt with them in the past at a high level and I am sure that this is not the case with them all.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213