Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Wil you vote Yes or No in the referendum

Voters
    36. This poll is closed
    • I will vote No

18 50.00%
    • I will vote Yes

16 44.44%
    • I couldn't give a damn.

2 5.56%
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Yes or No

This is a discussion on Yes or No within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; dunno guess im in the mood for spelling correctly maybe its cause im drinking my aldi isotonic juice energy drink ...

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: vodafone supafast 2
      Router: vodafone isp router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: Yes or No

dunno guess im in the mood for spelling correctly maybe its cause im drinking my aldi isotonic juice energy drink hahahaha

2. Advertisement
      Steev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01270
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I will be voting YES as I truly believe election results would be more representative of what people want.
      There is so much misinformation put out by the No camp.

AND ............. the BNP want you to vote No too so go ahead ......... voting No is giving the thumbs up to the BNP is that what you REALLY want ???

Steve

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

AND ............. the BNP want you to vote No too so go ahead ......... voting No is giving the thumbs up to the BNP is that what you REALLY want ???
      Anyone who believes the BNP really want you to vote No is being naive. What possible advantage would a No vote have for the BNP? They stand a much better chance of getting seats with a Yes vote. To say that a vote for a system supported by the two main parties is a vote for the BNP is ridiculous.

Less than 23 million people in the whole world use the AV system and Australia, who make up the vast majority of those, look ready to go back to the FPTP system very soon.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

voting yes makes the whole voting system unfair because the smaller partys have a bigger chance of getten in like liberal democrats or bnp or whatever so no it dont need changing its fine the way it is. i think the goverenment should force people to vote as its unfair how some of us do vote and others cant be bothered

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Actually, I cant believe I'm about to say this, but you've made a good point there.

If you dont fill in the Census you get fined. But it's totally acceptable not to vote (remember when you vote you can just 'spoil' the voting paper).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

In Australia they had to make it an offence not to vote, so few were voting.
      Voting within Australia - Frequently Asked Questions - Australian Electoral Commission

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

yea in auie land you have to vote or get fined something rotten which i think is a good idea theres so many people in this country who refuse to vote because they think its pointless but then we would end up with more hung parlimants then anything else

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      yea in auie land you have to vote or get fined something rotten which i think is a good idea theres so many people in this country who refuse to vote because they think its pointless but then we would end up with more hung parlimants then anything else
      I think making voting compulsory would be a better idea than AV. But, perhaps, instead of a fine, they should make people who fail to turn out and vote repeatedly, spend a whole day watching party political broadcasts as a punishment

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

It seems such an obvious thing to do really. Then you'd get to know what the whole voting population thinks!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

I'm sorry to say that I have witnessed the underhanded ways in which our current political system works.

I discussed an issue with my MP who wasn't prepared to take it up because his party was against the Bill, even though I proved that the issues affected his constituents. The Bill still went through.

I also went to watch a session where evidence was given to a Parliamentary Committee and gasped in astonishment as a so-called leader of a specific community lied through his teeth to the committee and deny that evidence relating to a matter existed and that it was worth including necessary changes in the forthcoming Act of Parliament.

Needless to say that the community was horrified when it found out. Unfortunately the damage was already done and could not be changed.

On another related matter, the Parliamentary Committee would not bring in some specific beneficial changes to protect a group of people better when those in the group all know it is needed. Why? Because there was no evidence to support it. Why no evidence? Because they don't collect it.

I am sorry to say, but I have no respect for anyone who is currently working in the Houses of Parliament.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast