Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Android or IPhone?

This is a discussion on Android or IPhone? within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; i wouldnt even get the iphone its just simply a flash toy in my opinion just cause its got a ...

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: vodafone supafast 2
      Router: vodafone isp router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: Android or IPhone?

i wouldnt even get the iphone its just simply a flash toy in my opinion just cause its got a apple logo on wow woopie doo im quite happy to try other makes

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I would like to hear from a die hard IPhone user on what they like about the IPhone and its good points.
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      I would like to hear from a die hard IPhone user on what they like about the IPhone and its good points.
      I'm not die hard! I bought my wife an Ipod Touch just prior to the birth of our daughter a year ago in 6 days. It was to replace an MP3 player that had died. I got the Ipod Touch on my way into work in the morning, and read through the instructions and reviews online during the day. On my way home I bought myself one. I loved it. Not the MP3 side of it at first, but the applications I could use in my day at work, mobile email (with wifi) etc. My wifes birthday is in September. I bought us both Iphones for her birthday. Even better than the Itouch. I don't use my Iphone for MP3's, but I do use email more than any other phone I've ever had. I use google calendar, on my Iphone. I use notes, alot away from my desk, and email it if necessary. I use twitter, I use Sky News, and Sky Sports apps. I check the my O2 bill, the weather, use Skobbler, and the PocketGPSworlds app. I use it more than any other phone I've ever had. I've had a lot of phones, an awful lot. I hated the Iphone before I actually got the Itouch, and now I thinks its the mutts nuts.
      I've never used an Android phone yet though.
      The Iphone is the best phone I've ever had. But with the right apps, any phone could be better. I think the Iphone has a massive number of apps lead. I also think the Android has nothing like the sales the Iphone has had. I'd love to have a play with an Android phone though. Does that help?
      Yippee kai ay muddy funsters!
      There is no p in Thomson.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: vodafone supafast 2
      Router: vodafone isp router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

ive never heard from a die hard fan saying everything about the iphone is top marks like 5/5 in other words i bet there complaining more about it than given nice comments about it. but eventually when i get my next phone it wont be a iphone either the 3gs or the next iphone which is rumored to be iphone 4g as im not bothered about thease stupid app stores and internet surfing and gps sat nav things all i want to use the phone for is texting and calling

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      ive never heard from a die hard fan saying everything about the iphone is top marks like 5/5 in other words i bet there complaining more about it than given nice comments about it. but eventually when i get my next phone it wont be a iphone either the 3gs or the next iphone which is rumored to be iphone 4g as im not bothered about thease stupid app stores and internet surfing and gps sat nav things all i want to use the phone for is texting and calling
      Punctuation is my advice. One full stop is not enough for the above rant.
      If all you want from a phone is phone and text then why get involved with a smart phone thread?
      There is no p in Thomson.

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      Whats the screen like on the Desire GSMGuy?
      Nothing short of stunning, I had the Samsung Omnia i8910hd before this (another AMOLED screen) and this is even better, AMOLED is FAR superior to the "normal" screens you get on a IPhone!

Touch sensitivity and response/accuracy is also superb.

Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      i wouldnt even get the iphone its just simply a flash toy in my opinion just cause its got a apple logo on wow woopie doo im quite happy to try other makes
      Have to say, I agree, the Iphone (to me) is nothing but a gimmic and toy...

Yes, it has a lot of apps, but ask it to do navigation and another function other than music at any one time, and it can't..

Mike

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Yep have the Desire and my wife has the Iphone, the Desire walks all over the Iphone on hardware. If all apps available on the Iphone had android versions then if I were Apple I would be worried. At the moment the only thing that the Iphone wins on is apps.
      I have several work mates who have now seen the Desire and the only thing negative that they could think to say was "but it's not an Iphone" lol.

Thanks

I truly believe that Android will very quickly become the OS of choice for mobile phones, I even think we'll see an Iphone running Android soon, if only from a hacker source... Mind you, even Apple eventually decided to start using Intel CPU's!

The prob with the Iphone, IMHO, is that it has to be "Apples' way or No Way" Again, even MS learned the hard way with IE, that you can't always impose your will and bundled software etc on people who actually pay to own your products...

Time will tell, but I think the brightest star on the Phone OS front at the moment, is Android shaped!

Mike

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Android already has been run on an Iphone lol Think it was a bit crashy but they have proved the concept will work. Here's to increased competition and Apple having their eyes opened.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast