Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I dislike PCWorld, Currys, Dixons Etc.

This is a discussion on I dislike PCWorld, Currys, Dixons Etc. within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; Ive had loads of problems with PC World,Currys and Dixons. They are all over you when you want to buy ...

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: I dislike PCWorld, Currys, Dixons Etc.

Ive had loads of problems with PC World,Currys and Dixons. They are all over you when you want to buy a product and full of wonderful promises but in terms of aftersales, they are useless. With those insurance cover things they try to offer you, always read the small print!!

2. Advertisement
      skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

i had a similar problem wih my pc, (refurb) they messed the order 3 times and held my money for a month then delayed the pc

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I've only set foot in a DSG Retail store once since they tried to sell me a dented second-hand fridge as new, and that was when I wanted a VGA extension cable quite desperately, so I went into PC World. When I saw that they wanted 39.99 for one, I realised that I wasn't that desperate ! I waited 24 hours and got one for 6.95 from Ebuyer

I find it quite easy to stay away from Curry's, PC World, etc.

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Old_nick View Post
      I've only set foot in a DSG Retail store once since they tried to sell me a dented second-hand fridge as new, and that was when I wanted a VGA extension cable quite desperately, so I went into PC World. When I saw that they wanted 39.99 for one, I realised that I wasn't that desperate ! I waited 24 hours and got one for 6.95 from Ebuyer

I find it quite easy to stay away from Curry's, PC World, etc.
      thanks to play.com, amazon and ebay, me too! prices in those stores are shocking

canada16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02920
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Have you seen there prices!!!!!

50.00 for a 1gb memory.. lol

I only go in currys or pc world to look at the product and then I buy online.

They are all to busy talking to the ugly girl cashier, and saying what a wonderful plasma that is, when the sticker says lcd

andyjsk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ruddington/02prem
      Broadband ISP: o2 prem.
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

re the comments about pc world 5 yrs ago this coming december i purchased a packard bell pc with an extended warranty which i have found well worth themoney the screen,mother board and psu have all been replaced with cracking good service from start to finish by the techguys i must add i expect to replace the pc in a few months and will certainly look at pc world

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

I went into PCW x 2 and Currys last week - Had decided to buy the Daughter an 8gb Ipod Touch, the new 2nd Gen model - For her birthday.

Had seen it online @ Amazon, for 153.15 delivered - It is 165 everywhere (Apple DO fix the prices!) Anyway, both of the stores advertise price match plus 10%, went into a large PCW, which - apart from staff, was deserted - prob 2 other customers..

Lingered for a couple of mins, before one of the so called assistants dragged themselves away from watching Sky on the plasmas... He asked if I needed, any help, to which I replied that I wanted to buy (not look at or test) An Ipod Touch 8gb... He said, yes we have them @ 165, so I said "Oh, I've seen them for 153 with free delivery from amazon, but you will match that, won't you?" His reply - "No, but you'll be able to take it today for 165" I replied "I don't need it until next week, can you match that price?" "Sorry, no can do" was the answer, so I walked....

Same happened in the 2 other stores...

Not being funny, but they must have more profit in one than 12!

In the end, I got one - a 16gb one, not an 8gb, braqnd new, sealed 2nd gen for 150 cash from Ebay - And my Bro in Law picked it up from Sunderlan on sat morning on hos way home (he works in Newcastle during the week)

So another sale lost... If he'd have even offered to meet me half way, I'd have probably prob bought it anyway...

As it is, I've save more like 70 on the deal!

Mike

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andyjsk View Post
      re the comments about pc world 5 yrs ago this coming december i purchased a packard bell pc with an extended warranty which i have found well worth themoney the screen,mother board and psu have all been replaced with cracking good service from start to finish by the techguys i must add i expect to replace the pc in a few months and will certainly look at pc world
      Good idea....... when you buy a Packard Bell, always get an extended warranty, because (as you proved) you will need it

I'd rather get one that lasts more than 5 years myself, but it's your choice.

P.S. If you want a laugh, go in to 3 different PC World stores and ask why their prices are so much higher than they are online, and make a note of the reply, because in each store you will hear the same explanation, virtually word for word. It must be on Page 1 of the PCW staff training manual !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123