Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

"Free Wi-Fi coming to 56 London Overground stations"

This is a discussion on "Free Wi-Fi coming to 56 London Overground stations" within the The Cloud forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; thinkbroadband :: Free Wi-Fi coming to 56 London Overground stations think broadband report by John Hunt: London Overground customers will ...

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

"Free Wi-Fi coming to 56 London Overground stations"

thinkbroadband :: Free Wi-Fi coming to 56 London Overground stations

think broadband report by John Hunt:

London Overground customers will be able to access the Internet for free at 56 stations on the Overground network, with 12 scheduled to go live this year. The company have done a deal with The Cloud, now owned by BSkyB, to operate hotspots at 56 stations which will allow users 60 minutes of free access per day. London Overground currently operate 78 stations around London, with another 5 being added in October 2012.
      The announcement comes after news earlier this month that London Underground are to deploy Wi-Fi at 120 underground stations by the end of the year with an agreement with Virgin Media. The underground deal with Virgin only includes free access during the Olympic games, although they will be offering access to travel information from TfL once the free period is over.
      "Access to the internet is no longer limited solely to home or to the workplace, and people's expectation is to be able to work and communicate effectively and seamlessly while they're on the move so we're delighted to support this initiative which will bring reliable, free WiFi to London Overground’s customers."
      Steve Murphy, (Managing Director) London Overground Rail Operations
      With Wi-Fi hotspots becoming ever ubiquitous, it will soon seem abnormal to find ourselves without access to the Internet, whether it be via mobile broadband services, or through Wi-Fi hotspots. The stations being enabled as part of this London Overground deployment are: Willesden Junction, West Hampstead, New Cross Gate, Forest Hill, West Croydon, Norwood Junction, Surrey Quays, Dalston, Wapping, Hackney Central, Kensington Olympia and Shepherd's Bush.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

2. Advertisement
      williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: "Free Wi-Fi coming to 56 London Overground stations"

Good news but I have to admit I am surprised it took so long..

Lloytron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had to spend a long time at Paddington yesterday and so was using the net on my phone, and I saw the "_The Cloud" hotpot, so I thought I'd check it out.

"Cannot connect to _The Cloud - Timed Out".

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloytron View Post
      I had to spend a long time at Paddington yesterday and so was using the net on my phone, and I saw the "_The Cloud" hotpot, so I thought I'd check it out.

"Cannot connect to _The Cloud - Timed Out".
      Have you registered with sky/cloud for the service? wifi.sky.com