Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Old Dial-up Connector

This is a discussion on Old Dial-up Connector within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have an older Sky Box without built-in wifi that still has a dial-up connector. Since I now use a ...

Jaheira is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abergavenny
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Old Dial-up Connector

I have an older Sky Box without built-in wifi that still has a dial-up connector. Since I now use a wireless dongle to connect to my router is there any point (or obligation) to keep this line connected?

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Old Dial-up Connector

Assume you have a Sky+HD box connected to the Internet, then your box is capable of doing;
      Callbacks to Sky
      Interactive services
      Sky Store, Box Office and pay-per-view

If you have a single box as above then you are not required anymore to have the box connected to a phone line.
      That has been the case for a few years now.

Taken form Sky help section re multiscreen;
      What do I need for Sky Multiscreen?
      To enjoy Sky Multiscreen, each TV in your house needs its own Sky box and they must all be connected to the same phone line, unless you activated your viewing card after 17 December 2013 in which case no phone line connection is needed. However you need to make sure your boxes are connected to your home broadband network where possible.
      All of the channels you subscribe to are available on all Sky boxes. You can have a total of four Sky+HD boxes or eight Sky Multiscreen boxes running from the same dish.
      As a Sky Multiscreen customer you also get Sky Go Extra at no extra cost, allowing you to watch live TV or On Demand programmes on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
      Sky Help: Watch Sky in different rooms