Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

2 SKY HD box DRX595C - 1 connection from quad LNB

This is a discussion on 2 SKY HD box DRX595C - 1 connection from quad LNB within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have ran a cable to my loft converted rooms from my quad LNB. I have installed 2 DRX595, ...

dj25000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

2 SKY HD box DRX595C - 1 connection from quad LNB

Hi,

I have ran a cable to my loft converted rooms from my quad LNB. I have installed 2 DRX595, split a cable, used a splitter ( bought from ebay - said to amplify signal as well ).

Now, I am getting ' No signal ' in one while the other is getting 60% signal.

I know everyone will say, you are not supposed to this - you can only run 1 box from 1 cable - thats what I have been told so far.

I was looking to buy one of this -

LABGEAR 4 WAY TV AERIAL SIGNAL BOOSTER DISTRIBUTION AMPLIFIER F TYPE & BYPASS | eBay

But when I contacted the seller , he insisted that this will not work for me.

I know there are people out there who has done this and has been successful in this challenge. Now, I need some advise on this please. There must be something I can do or buy and use to amplify this signal and use 2 sky box from one cable.

Help please.

Regards.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: 2 SKY HD box DRX595C - 1 connection from quad LNB

While what you are attempting to do would be possible using a Stacker/Destacker

2 SKY HD box DRX595C - 1 connection from quad LNB-stackerdestackeronecable.jpg

it would still require the use of two outputs from your LNB.
      If there isn't currently a spare output you would need to fit an octo (8 O/P) LNB.
      It would be much cheaper and probably easier to run "shotgun" cable and split the web between the cables back to a suitable point to allow a feed to be taken to each room.

Out of interest could you check if your current setup works if both boxes are tuned to the same channel?
      Last edited by seawright; 04-03-15 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added question.

dj25000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi seawright,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Running another cable form the LNB or having another lnb fitted is not an option i'm afraid.

And, if both boxes are on same channel, it still does not work.

Regards,

Sheikh

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The reason it will not work is because the LNB operates in 2 different modes, either horizontal or vertical polarised depending which channel you are tuned to. About half the channels are on vertical and half on horizontal polarisation. The box switches the LNB between these 2 modes by sending a different voltage back up the cable. If you connect 2 boxes to the same cable basically they will conflict with each other!

- - - Updated - - -

The booster you posted the link for is designed for terrestrial TV aerials as it says in the description not satelite dished, don't get confused by the fact it uses f-connectors. These plugs and sockets are used on many different aerial/satelite systems.