Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Replacement Sky-Multiroom Phoneline and Broadband Splitter

This is a discussion on Replacement Sky-Multiroom Phoneline and Broadband Splitter within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I just had sky multi-room installed recently. Now the ADSL splitter, that goes into the main phone line ...

CHOOF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Replacement Sky-Multiroom Phoneline and Broadband Splitter

Hi there,

I just had sky multi-room installed recently. Now the ADSL splitter, that goes into the main phone line box, has three sections, one for broadband (not with Sky), one for the loungeroom SKY HD box and one that connects the bedroom SKY box.

For some reason this splitter is not working anymore, as my broadband doesn't work using this splitter, (although it does work by plugging it straight into the wall), and both SKY boxes say that the phone is not connected (but not when connected individually to the wall).

I have tried to buy a new splitter at Maplin, and tried to find it online but to no avail.

The splitter needs to have one for the broadband, one for SKY HD box and another where the wires goes straight into the splitter. I don't have a camera to hand and apologies for the non-techy language but does anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Thanks

Re: Replacement Sky-Multiroom Phoneline and Broadband Splitter

Does this splitter fit onto an NTE5??

I can't think of a reason why a faceplate filter will not work, you would connect the extensions for the sky boxes to the filtered connections, any extension that has ADSL equipment on it connects to the unfiltered connections, there is also filtered & non filtered connections on the front :-

BT ADSL Faceplate for NTE5 Linebox, 6 Way Version(NTE2005)

Or if anyone can post up a pic of what you have? (does it also have sat connections on it?)
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,482 Posts

Do you mean a splitter like THIS ? Your broadband should plug into an ADSL filter like THIS which should be plugged into the phone socket first then a splitter plugged into it where you can plug in the Sky boxes.
      If you have a filtered faceplate, the router should plug into the ADSL port and the splitter into the phone port. ADSL will not work in the phone socket of a filtered faceplate. As Runit' says a photo would be helpful.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider / TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Thanks

Are you using plug in ADSL filters with one of these??

BT Break In Adaptor & Doubler
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.