Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

How to get low ping when playing online games

This is a discussion on How to get low ping when playing online games within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi, Ever since i got Sky Broadband Max 16 meg ive been gettin high ping 36-50 and my pc is ...

crackerz56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation How to get low ping when playing online games

Hi,
      Ever since i got Sky Broadband Max 16 meg ive been gettin high ping 36-50 and my pc is wired to the Router. My old ISP Provider Bulldog i was on had8 mb connection and my ping was 9-20. Im a Online Gamer who needs help someone please help me. Is there a way to lower the ping down HELP!!!!

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: How to get low ping when playing online games

Although a low ping may cosmetically look nice, iirc the ping of 50 or so would make no difference unless you had the responses of a fly.

Why pay more money for a lower ping, when it won't make any difference to your reactions when gaming?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Parva is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Armley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: How to get low ping when playing online games

There's very little you can do about it as in all likelihood it'll be down to the route that Sky takes to get to the game server as opposed to the route your former ISP took which was either less hops or better servers it went through to get there. I play online a lot of the time and having also gone from pings of 25-30 to an average ping of 50 or so I can't say there's any difference between the two and it's made no difference to my gameplay / skills whatsoever.