Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Bridging with sky routers to sky Q hub.

This is a discussion on Bridging with sky routers to sky Q hub. within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have SKY Q, with an ER110 Hub on sky broadband (normal sky 'phone line, not fibre). I also have ...

marycampbell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01505
      Broadband ISP: Sky
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Bridging with sky routers to sky Q hub.

I have SKY Q, with an ER110 Hub on sky broadband (normal sky 'phone line, not fibre). I also have 2 old sky routers (1 sr102-c and 1 sr102-z) which I would like to use as bridges, preferably wirelessly, but can live with wired. One bridge would be in the living room with sky q box, tv and bluray attached (all wired) and the other would be in dining room with old non-wifi desktop pc and two usb servers attached (all wired). Can I do this, and if I can, how do I set them all up?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Bridging with sky routers to sky Q hub.

I don't think that you can do this wirelessly but if you disable wi-fi and dhcp on one of the sr102s you should be able to connect a lan port on this sr102 to a lan port on the ER110 and connect other spare lan ports to each of your AV devices using cat5e cables.

Although you could use the 2nd sr102, from your description there doesn't appear to be any reason to do so if what you refer to as servers are actually usb connected storage devices. A long cat5e cable between the ER110 and the desktop PC should suffice.

If you haven't done so already you may have to disable wi-fi on the SkyQ box.