Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Piggybacking a BT Home Hub 4 with Sky Hub SR102 (Sky Fibre Unlimited)

This is a discussion on Piggybacking a BT Home Hub 4 with Sky Hub SR102 (Sky Fibre Unlimited) within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hello All, I'm fairly new to this forum but have found the information on here invaluable. Like many I've been ...

Tino_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Piggybacking a BT Home Hub 4 with Sky Hub SR102 (Sky Fibre Unlimited)

Hello All,

I'm fairly new to this forum but have found the information on here invaluable. Like many I've been suffering from a seriously poor WiFi signal given out by the SR102 from Sky. Only had the Sky Fibre Unlimited service for a week and struggling to get the full potential of my service around the house.

I thought about connecting a 3rd party router to the sky hub as some people seem to have success with that. I even put an in order for the TP Link TD-W8980 but swiftly cancelled this on advice from users here having trouble with it.

I started reading about ‘piggybacking’ a router to the sky hub, just for the purpose of broadcasting a stronger and more reliable WiFi signal. A flatmate of mine still has his old BT Home Hub 4 that would do the trick as it has dual band and is VDSL. Could anyone advise on whether I can simply plug the hub into the back of Sky Hub, turn the Wifi off on the sky hub and adjust a couple setting on the BT Home Hub 4 (DHCP), to then get a better signal?

Tino_G

2. Advertisement
      Tino_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Piggybacking a BT Home Hub 4 with Sky Hub SR102 (Sky Fibre Unlimited)

Update: I managed to get this to work by following the guide to connecting two routers. The WiFi is now much much better. Just have a minor issue now of a 'Strict NAT' when playing on xbox live. Does the fact that there are now two routers have anything to do with this?