Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HELP ! Trying to use TP-LINK Archer D5 to replace Sagem 2504 ADSL

This is a discussion on HELP ! Trying to use TP-LINK Archer D5 to replace Sagem 2504 ADSL within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi, Hope someone can help me here. I have bought a TP-LINK Archer D5 DSL router to upgrade the current ...

pmcgrath72 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

HELP ! Trying to use TP-LINK Archer D5 to replace Sagem 2504 ADSL

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here. I have bought a TP-LINK Archer D5 DSL router to upgrade the current Sky supplied Sagem one (no fibre here yet )

I have extracted the username/password correctly, fired up the tp link and set everything correctly (username/password, 0,38, PPPoA). However I cannot connect to the outside world through a wired connection. Using Wi-Fi kind of works, but it is very, very slow, to the point that I can't even connect to the Speedtest app on my phone. Using the wired connection on my PC, I can physically ping a web address and everything seems fine, but I still can't get to it from a browser. Is this some sort of DNS issue? The DNS servers are auto set to the same addresses as the Sagem one

Has anyone heard of this kind of issue? It seems very strange...

Tearing my hair out here

Thanks,
      Paul

2. Advertisement
      pmcgrath72 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: HELP ! Trying to use TP-LINK Archer D5 to replace Sagem 2504 ADSL

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgrath72 View Post
      Hi,

Hope someone can help me here. I have bought a TP-LINK Archer D5 DSL router to upgrade the current Sky supplied Sagem one (no fibre here yet )

I have extracted the username/password correctly, fired up the tp link and set everything correctly (username/password, 0,38, PPPoA). However I cannot connect to the outside world through a wired connection. Using Wi-Fi kind of works, but it is very, very slow, to the point that I can't even connect to the Speedtest app on my phone. Using the wired connection on my PC, I can physically ping a web address and everything seems fine, but I still can't get to it from a browser. Is this some sort of DNS issue? The DNS servers are auto set to the same addresses as the Sagem one

Has anyone heard of this kind of issue? It seems very strange...

Tearing my hair out here

Thanks,
      Paul
      Managed to get it running Not entirely sure what I did, but I updated to the latest firmware and used install@o2broadband.co.uk as the username with no password (found on the official Sky forums) instead of the extracted username and password (which also still works as well)

Thank goodness for that, was beginning to think I'd bought a dud