Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wired bridge mode.

This is a discussion on Wired bridge mode. within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I bought a cheap asus router to have a play around with tomatoUSB and DDWRT but cant get the internet ...

mrc1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Wired bridge mode.

I bought a cheap asus router to have a play around with tomatoUSB and DDWRT but cant get the internet connected in bridge mode.
      Im using a huawei hg520b as my modem/bridge settings are
      PVC 0
      VPI 0
      VCI 38
      Active Yes
      Mode Bridge
      Encapsulation RFC2684
      Multiplex VC

The asus is then connected by its wan port to an ethernet port on the hg520b.
      No matter what i try the asus wont get an internet connection from the bridge, i have tried pppoe, pptp and all the other connection methods that are in tomatoUSB.
      Even with just the huawei in bridge mode trying to connect via ppoe in windows has no joy.
      Will this not work on SKY unlimited? is my only option to use the huawei as a router still with a DMZ going to the asus in piggyback fashion like talked about here

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Wired bridge mode.

I doubt if you will get this to work with Sky with these settings. The Mode would have to be ADSL+(or Multi-mode) and the Encapsulation - PPPoA. Some lines have now gone MER only, if yours has, I doubt if you will have any success at all.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.