Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Bridging help! for Anytime+ etc

This is a discussion on Bridging help! for Anytime+ etc within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; OK I have a Sky Dlink router i think, its the one looks like the sky box. currently set to ...

Aelon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Marychurch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Bridging help! for Anytime+ etc

OK I have a Sky Dlink router i think, its the one looks like the sky box. currently set to 192.168.0.105 (the number means something to me, thats why) Its doing DHCP up to 192.168.0.100
      I have an old Post Office Netgear router, which does WDS. I have used it to bridge between the sky router set to WPA2 and a Nintendo DS which will only speak WEP, with the Netgear hooked up by ethernet. This was no problem.
      I tried to reverse the connection for anytime+, but it wont connect to the sky router by wifi, even when on the same SSID, channel, and the Mac address for the WLAN supplied instead of LAN address. ip 192.168.0.110. DHCP is off

Ok, i think, so lets get a second bridge with WDS, and use them both as a bridge. I got a Tenda w311r+ because the N Wireless can only be a bonus in future. set t 192.168.0.111. DCHP from 192.168.0.116-255
      It doesnt have point to point. Repeating seems to be its only function. It does have a scan function. I scan, and try directly connecting to the Sky router. It changes its SSID, sets the mac address to repeat to the WLAN. ... and restarts as channel 6! surely this should be 1 like the SKy?

Trying to connect to the netgear, with the netgear in repeater to the SKY lan MAC desnt do anything, even with a second SSID shared between the two bridges.

I'm at a loss.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Bridging help! for Anytime+ etc

set t 192.168.0.111. DCHP from 192.168.0.116-255
      Disable the DHCP server on the Tenda and allow the Sky router to handle it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.