Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Pop3

This is a discussion on Pop3 within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; hi guys hope all is well, after finally getting sky bb sorted, its running okay now. so now im running ...

sitback is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01753
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Pop3

hi guys
      hope all is well,
      after finally getting sky bb sorted, its running okay now.
      so now im running a website and through this, i have purchased a pop3 email account from 123 reg hosting (the ppl who host my domain name).

After being on the phone to 123 reg hosting, I have finally managed to set up the pop3 email account with outlook express, I can receieve messages (have to keep clicking send and recieve all).

However when it comes to sending the messages all sorts of errors occur, I have used the sky smtp address and searched this forum for other addresses they dont seem to make a difference.

Should I run a programme called thunderbird for POP3 as I use Mozilla as my web browser?

Thanks alot.

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Pop3

It shouldn't matter which mail program you use. Having said that, I like and use Thunderbird.

Regards,

Felix

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Pop3

You can run almost any email client as software. I don't think the software will be the cause of your problems, it's more likely to be your settings.

Your Sky User SMTP server account needs to be registered with this site so you can use it.

If you have a Yahoo or GMail account you can also set that up seperately but note the settings for almost everything will be different (from user name through password and port settings for POP/SMTP).

You should be able to adjust all the settings for your email client software in either Options/Preferences or in Accounts. It's all in there so go through all the tabs and find what you want (like setting the interval at which email is checked for on the email server).