Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

error code 200 help please

This is a discussion on error code 200 help please within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have been connected to Sky Base since Feb 20007 after leaving Tiscali. When I received all my equipment from ...

carljohn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up error code 200 help please

I have been connected to Sky Base since Feb 20007 after leaving Tiscali.

When I received all my equipment from Sky I noticed that it was the same router as the one I used for Tiscali, so just swapped over the Sky router.

Ran through the setup procedure and it couldn't find a connection. Went ito the router and ran Sky test which returned error 200.

I have been dealing with Sky TS 1 & 3 since Feb and I have now lost the will to live. Sky have failed to rectify my query and I have now asked for my MAC Code. Problem number two. I have rang Sky on three ocasions now and they have been unable to generate a MAC for me as the system will not allow this, ahhhhhhhh!!!!

I have informed Sky that according to the OFCOMM rules they have to supply me with this code in 5 working days and that they are in breach of the guidelines.

Has anybody got any advice for this error code and have I done the right thing in asking for my MAC code?

I had many a happy year with Tiscali but thought I could save money by going to the Base Package. Wish i had't bothered. Happy Days.

Thanks for any advice that you guys may be able to pass my way.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVSEF
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Asus DSL-N55U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: error code 200 help please

error code 200 is authentication failed, so your could possibly be running through Tiscali's gear again (they may have taken the line back). a tone test should show this up or trying to log it to BT would throw up problems.

of course, could just be ur router has died and a replacement would be in order...have you another one u can try?

carljohn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am on my second router with the same error code of 200.

Called BT and asked them who has got a tag on my line and they said it was SKY.

mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

FYI (and anyone else reading this), the error codes are explained here: FAQ for Sky broadband - Please read first!
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVSEF
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Asus DSL-N55U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

BT will say its just us on the line as their systems may say thats so....but have you tried your old router and see if you have connection??

give it a go as it may show up the problem, otherwise it may just be a jumpering issue (a tone test run by tier 1 would again show this as if it fails we'd need to log it to BT to check jumpering)